There is a microwave in every modern kitchen. This equipment is a great way to cook or heat a meal quickly, grill or defrost it. In addition to the basic functions, there may be additional features in the microwave. The main ones are grill and convection.
Few interesting facts about microwave oven:
- the appliance was invented at the end of World War II. At first, they were too big and expensive, and people didn't trust them because of the radiation they use;
- by the 2000s, Americans named the microwave oven as the No. 1 technology that made their lives easier;
- the first commercial microwave oven was tested in a Boston restaurant in 1947. It stood 1.7 meters tall, weighed 340 kilograms and cost $5,000;
- the first microwave ovens for home use were introduced in 1955;
- the equipment uses radio waves set at a specific frequency — 2,450 megahertz with a power ranging from 500 to 1,100 watts;
- food taken out of a microwave oven are rarely much hotter than 100 °C;
- any metal or conductive object placed in the microwave oven will work as an antenna and generate an electric current;
- before they became known as microwave ovens they were called electronic ovens.
People often worry about the safety of this appliance, because the high frequencies are a cause for concern, so many give up microwaves and prefer to heat the dishes in a frying pan on the gas stove. Microwave ovens are equipped with a microwave protection system. First, the doors fit very tightly, secondly, it is protected by a screen with a mesh, and thirdly, the microwave radiation itself is not radioactive. In modern microwave models, the door is locked while the oven is operating or at the same time as the door is opened. However, it is forbidden to fix this appliance for safety reasons.
Sometimes it happens that this reliable kitchen assistant has broken down and you don't know the reason.
The most common cause of failure is a breakdown of the microwave energy generator. This part directly converts electrical energy into microwave radiation. Usually, failure occurs due to increased operation in the limit modes. As a rule, it is heating products at maximum capacity in a short time. Very often, such a defect occurs in microwave ovens, which are operated in public catering establishments.
Power transformer can also fail. It's a pretty big and massive detail. As a rule, the breakdown does not come from the fault of the owner, but rather from voltage drops in the 220V network. In this ace a replacement of a new part is needed.
Another popular reason is the breakdown of the microwave touch panel. As a rule, this happens gradually. At first, only some buttons are denied, and then the entire panel. You can try restoring these panels or changing them to new ones.
Therefore, such problems need to be solved in a timely and quick manner. This is possible only when you chose the right microwave repair service company.